Monday, June 22, 2009

Conical valves, checking in


Hey there,

Another new reviewer joining the crew. Lessee, I listen to pretty much everything, with a current focus on ska/punk, indie, antifolk, and a constant love for 90s alternative. Also, I will occasionally regale you with new musical theater songs I fall in love with. Broadway tunes are more than just schmaltz. 

Much like an accident, my first source of music was the schoolyard: Blink 182, Linkin Park, No Doubt, Barenaked Ladies. I continue getting a lot of music from classmates and friends, and this past year from a cool music professor I had who was into some crazy stuff. I'll be posting under the name, conical valves (in case that wasn't already clear.) 

Some music related events I'm looking forward to at the moment:
1) Regina Spektor's new album is released tomorrow. (I managed to hear most of it in advance, thanks to her myspace, and it is excellent.)
2) Several great ska concerts in the near and not-so-near future
a) The Slackers (on a boat!)
b) Reel Big Fish
c) Ted Leo and the Pharmacists


No comments:

Post a Comment