Friday, August 14, 2009

DwyTown Mix Weekly (8/14)

1. Major Lazer- Baby (Switch Remix feat. M.I.A.)
2. Passion Pit- Sleepyhead (Wallpaper. Remix)
3. Crystal Castles- Vanished
4. La Roux- Bulletproof (Fred Falke Remix)
5. Simple Minds- (Don't You) Forget About Me

1. To kick off the mix I decided to highlight the new release by Major Lazer featuring M.I.A. on vocals. This was a logical move, the two DJs responsible for M.I.A.'s mainstream success reunited with her once again. The result is a track similar to her other work with Diplo and Switch and lyrics reflecting her recent personal experiences as a mother.

2. This remix of the group's most popular song adds a saxophone line that is entirely too infectious. If this remix had the same bridge as the original, I'd probably remove the original from my iTunes entirely. Also check out Wallpaper.'s remix of Das Racist's Combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.

3. This track I can't get enough of for some reason. A quieter jam.

4. La Roux are the next big thing in electronic music and this remix of "Bulletproof" incorporates the masterful French House production of Fred Falke into an already great song. Standard Falke fare.

5. To close, a classic from The Breakfast Club. RIP John Hughes.

No comments:

Post a Comment