Tuesday, August 25, 2009

5 Artists of the Week (8/25-9/1/09 by: InfektedIncubus)

Hey everyone! It's been a while since my last post, but here's some classic and hard rock for ya.

1. Motley Crue - Home Sweet Home
I would say that this is perhaps one of the most moving rock ballads I've heard in my entire life. It's very powerful and really just hits home.

2. Dropkick Murphies - Flannigan's Ball
This song definitely puts anyone in a partying mood. I really find the drums in this song to be a centerpiece of this song. I find the way the Murphys incorporate so many instruments into their music fascinating.

3. The Mars Volta - Teflon
The Mars Volta did it again with their newest album, Octahedron. This is one of my favorites from the album. Very weird, yet soo good.

4. Blue Oyster Cult - I'm Burning for You
This is pretty mainstream, and I'm sure everyone knows Don't Fear the Reaper from the game, Rock Band, but this has got to be one of the better songs from Blue Oyster Cult.

5. Alter Bridge - Rise Today
You might remember the vocalist from this band he used to be in Creed... "Can you taake meeee higheerrrr" Haha. I'd definitely say that he's come around since then. Alter Bridge combines some aspects of Creed and makes them better by adding a harder rock element to them.

That's it for today, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment