Monday, August 3, 2009

5 Foreign Artists of the Week (8/3-8/10)

1) Kom Igen Lena! - Hakan Hellstrom
2) Hoppipolla - Sigur Ros
3) Ca Plane Pour Moi (Original 1977 Version - Plastic Bertrand
4) Cavale - Plume
5) Airtap! - Erik Mongrain

1) This is my current favorite rock song. It catches your attention immediately and never lets go. The lyrics may be incomprehensible, but the song is nonetheless catchy, groovy, bit funky and distinct. (German)

2) Sigur Ros. Relaxing music that just sends chills down my spine, especially this song. Some of their other stuff is a bit soft for me, although I'm a bit hypocritical since I love stuff like the Liars. (Icelandic)

3) This song has been in many movie soundtracks and is easily recognized. I love this song for its vocals, its jamming beats, and its overall catchy tune - which is why its still featured even after thirty years in American movies. (French

4) Fun French song. Has a beautiful french vocalist, with a upbeat rhythm that varies throughout the song - which I often don't hear in other songs. It doesn't have that same monotony, but it flows. It also has this rebelling sound - an attitude derived from the French language's rasp.

5) Instrumental guitar song, but its a great one to end on. Spanish guitarist, so it has that classic amazing technical skill. The song washes over you like water - notes striking down creating beautiful harmonies like nothing I've ever heard, great unique song.

No comments:

Post a Comment