Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Hello...


My name is Fawkes, and like many of the other authors, critics and music lovers involved with this blog, I too was cordially invited by my friend "By Accident" to share my interests and tastes as well.

As far as my musical roots are concerned, it's nothing spectacular or even that impressive. I'm not a classical trained musician (or even an amateur at the guitar for that matter), I've never been one to listen to the radio, and not a zealot for one particular band or one particular sound or another; in fact, I didn't even really become that interested in the music scene until the latter days of my grammar school life, up until when I mainly focused on writing, reading, and television as my primary sources of entertainment.

It wasn't until I began to watch my friends and others around me who were beginning to immerse themselves in music, making their instruments and favorite bands a critical theme to their lives, that I realized something about music I had never understood before. It was the emotion, the feeling and the passion that music was able to infuse into a person; the way a rhythm, melody or harmony could toss about your emotions,linger about in your brain for days and days, and find explanations for a feeling in a language as equally confusing but at times infinitely more real in their work and in every other place that song permeates and blends with the senses that was truly inspiring and finally made music both important and beautiful to me.

For that matter, I've never considered myself fettered to one specific sound or genre, as my tastes vary from country to hip-hop, classical to electro, and alternative to blues, and so I don't claim to be an expert on anything I share and or review (so forgive me if all this pomp seems to exaggerate anything I post). All I do claim is that the music I like is the music that can make me move, and more importantly, has moved me in one way or another, and it is my hope that the vibes, beats, ballads and ditties I share here can do the same for you (or at least introduce you to a new artist I suppose).

And without further rambling, here are a few songs that I dig:

1. Impossible Germany - Wilco (peaceful melody/tone with a brilliant guitar solo that embodies the song)

2. Nice to Meet You - The Reign of Kindo (beautiful cohesion between the piano, vocals, and brass for an overall great piece)

3. Easy Plateau - Ryan Adams & The Cardinals (in general just an excellent country sound that makes awesome work of the guitar, string and vocal styles attributable to the genre and in my opinion the perfect thing to listen to when your driving out to the wilderness)

4. Saddle Road - Kevin Teves (relaxing and smoothing slack key guitar)

5. Refraction - John Paul Walton (invigorating beat and great rhythm that make for an impressive electronic piece)

Enjoy, and a pleasure to be here.
*Picture citation: http://qa9ed2000.deviantart.com/art/real-emotion-45979992

No comments:

Post a Comment