Wednesday, July 8, 2009

5 Indie Artists for the week (By Anonymously Rach)

1. The Skin of My Country Yellow Teeth- Clap Your Hands say Yea!
2. Nobody Move, Nobody gets Hurt- We Are Scientists
3. The Vowels, pt.2 - Why?
4. I'll Believe in Anything- Wolf Parade
5. Set Yourself on Fire - Stars

In a bit of a rush, but posted regardless!
1. So the first song has been in my head for about 3 weeks now and it is very catchy. I highly recommend it. The singing is high and sounds like cracking almost, but it grows on you, which is strange enough.
2. Great indie rock band from Britain, this is from the
ir debut album, and will have you jumping around in no time.
3. The Vowels, pt. 2 is an amazing song from an amazing al
bum, Alopecia. Why? is a indie urban hip hop kind of deal in California. It's really good to listen to on a summer day (like today) and just relax with some good beats.
4. I'll Believe in Anything is quite a well written song, with the strange synth at the beginning to the high singing throughout. Go buy it now! The album as a whole is amazing.
5. Set Yourself on Fire, as morbid as that sounds, is a very catchy song done none other by Stars. The song, also the title of the album, has great rhythmic contrasts, and a very enticing bass line. The singing is amazing, but expect that from this Indie pop duo!



























Image source: http://www.graffiti.org/indie/indie_bronx3.jpg

3 comments:

  1. 1. CYHSY is from 2005. It would be nice if your music were uhh, more updated?
    2. We Are Scientists was the biggest disappointment of 4 years ago. I heard that song, got the album, and then proptly never listened to it again. That song is the only good one. The rest of the songs are just too much lyric, too little music.

    aaand...last time I checked Stars has 5 members, and a new album that should be reviewed before mentioning the old one :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I was in a rush and was giving just a play list, I'm quite aware it's not recent. Nothing was really recent in the playlist. I had a Wolf Parade song in there as well that was old as well.
    2. I'm sorry? I enjoyed the album to some extent, so sorry I'm not with your tastes. It was a quick one off the top of my head. I'm not as into them as I used to be, but that one song was good.
    3. I know Stars has 5 members, but there are two singers which I was commenting on. I know the album is also older, but it is one of there best.
    The point was to not give anything recent, it was just a random playlist of 5 songs that everyone might enjoy listening to. Let me know if you want to argue more. It's fun =D. I can't cater to everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did enjoy your playlist for the week. I don't usually like this type of music, but that was a good list :) Keep posting more please

    ReplyDelete