Tuesday, July 14, 2009

5 Covers Playlist

There is a certain, modern phenomenon in music, something that makes my blood boil, my eyes bulge, and my voice hoarse with long, coarse derogatory rants. It is shoddily made cover songs of my favorite songs. Sweet Child of Mine by Guns and Roses - EPIC SONG. Sheryl Crow, Big Daddy Soundtrack, OmgWtf. Not quite the same panache. But covers like that aren't so bad, Sheryl Crow has a fantastic voice, and for some, it is a really good song on its own. I am talking about motherfucking covers by motherfucking bands like the motherfucking Jonas Brothers, butchering the timeless Beatles, OMG WTF GTFO. Now that is ice-pick directly to the ears. Jonas Brothers... ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH HATE RANT.

This is five legit covers of already good songs.

1) Float On - Goldspot
2) 99 Red Balloons - Goldfinger
3) Time After Time - Quietdrive
4) I Try - Ben Taylor
5) Wonderwall - Ryan Adams

Listen to the originals as well.

1) Float On - Modest Mouse
2) 99 Luft Balloons - Nena
3) Time After Time - Cyndi Lauper
4) I Try - Macy Gray
5) Wonderwall - Oasis

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment