Thursday, July 9, 2009

5 Indie Love Songs (by conical valves)

For some reason a lot of the songs I've been listening to lately are love songs, so I thought I'd share.

1) Wasted - Angus & Julia Stone
2) Say Yes - Elliott Smith
3) Young Folks - Peter, Bjorn, and John
4) Parentheses - The Blow
5) The Fear You Won't Fall - Joshua Radin

1) She has a really unique voice and I really enjoy it in this song.

2) I love Elliott Smith. I especially love this song. All his songs have darker sides to them, and this is no exception, but it's nice and sweet nonetheless.

3) I think anyone who's ever been in love with anyone can appreciate the sentiment of "hours seem[ing] to disappear" while talking to the one you love.

4) The image of people making a pair of parentheses is just always adorable to me.

5) I love the use of strings in this song, especially combined with his voice.

Picture from http://spotifyplaylists.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/653/indieLove_logo_v1_comp.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment