Saturday, July 11, 2009

And now for some beats from overseas....


So there's this hip-hop producer who goes by the name Nujabes. He's Japanese, which is probably the reason why I never heard of him before but this guy is DOPE. I kid you not though the first time I heard a song from him was when my sister was myspace surfing and his song 'Lady Brown' was on someones page. I loved the song and right away did my research on him. I found out that he also produced almost the whole soundtrack for the anime show 'Samurai Champloo' (I loved that show as well). Nujabes blends real instruments such as pianos, guitars, trumpets, and clarinets with heavy hip hop beats and the combo is pure bliss. It's not too hardcore rap, but it's not entirely smooth R&B, it's just right. Perfect vibe music. Take some hip-hop, sprinkle it with a little bit of soul and jazz and you have Nujabes' sound. I like many of his songs but I'll just list a few that I really like and you should check out:
1) Sky is Falling (ft. C.L. Smooth)
2) Moon Strut
3) Messing with my head (Nujabes Remix) by Phase Rock and L Universe
4) Luv(sic) Pt. 1
5)Luv(sic) Pt. 2
6)Ordinary Joe
7)Another Reflection
8) Song of Four Seasons (Shiki No Uta) by MINMI
Also you should check out his songs from the 'Samurai Champloo' soundtracks. The last song I listed plays during the ending credits of the show. This guy is definitely one of my favorite hip-hop producers. I suggest that you check this guy out, you won't be dissapointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment