Wednesday, July 1, 2009

5 Blues Artists

I've been absent for the past few days, been formatting, working on advertisers, and generally busy with life.

So I created a schedule for the writers, which I posted on the bottom of the site, so the readers can look for the writers they like. In spirit of this newly created schedule, as founder and dictator, I decided to make a random post, on a different day then what it says on the the schedule in a complete flair of hypocrisy. This is just once in a while, I miss you guys :)

1. Pride and Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughn
2. Thrill is Gone - B.B. King
3. Soul Man - Blues Brothers
4. Ten Million Slaves
5. Boom Boom - John Lee Hooker

I'll keep it short. This may be an overgeneralization, but most young people aren't exposed to enough blues. This playlist hits all of the classics. My favorite song is Soul Man - Blues Brothers, easily the best SNL Movie skit adaptation with John Belushi (R.I.P.) and Dan Aykroyd. Expand your horizons, if you don't like it, that's fine, at least be exposed and be familiar with all the genres we put up on this blog.

And first and foremost, enjoy it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment