Friday, September 4, 2009

Peace of Mind

Lazy Friday- here are a couple songs that you can sit back and just chill to on a nice afternoon.

1) Major Lazer- Can't Stop Now
2) Marcy Playground- Sex and Candy
3) Mos Def- Auditorium
4) Kanye West- Everything I Am
5) Diamond Rings- All Yr Songs

1) For some reason, everytime I listen to this song I feel like I'm sailing in the Florida Keys. This song evokes the feeling of being on a boat significantly more that that famous Lonely Island song (titled "I'm on a Boat") from last January.

2) A 90s classic. Great early morning, feeling drowsy song.

3) New jam off of Mos Def's The Ecstatic and easily his best track since Black on Both Sides. Hip-hop legend Slick Rick joins master-producer Madlib and Def to produce the best hip-hop jam of the year (Well at least until Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II hits this fall...)

4) Kanye West is a douchebag and this is his solemn reflection on that.

5) This song is the opening and closing credits to my life. So simple yet if you don't sing along with it, you clearly must be the most pessimistic person alive. This has been my jam all week honestly. Here's the video below:

1 comment: